Monday, October 1, 2007

The Proposition

Soooo.... Absolutely no one is going to read this blog, probably for a long time. And when they do they are going to look at the title, laugh to them selves, and go to a different investing blog. STOP! If you are still reading this blog then I kindly ask you to finish reading the first post and then make your decision about where to go. You might not like investing at all, but his will at least be interesting (or get you interested). If you are currently an investor then this will provide some inspiration, and maybe some stock tips, on how to make more money.

I got the idea to test my investing talent from the sites such as marketmillionaires.com and topguntrading.net. The market millionaires site suggested turning $500 into $1 million in just one year. Doing some simple math that comes out to getting 200,000% (i think....) on your investments. The site calculated it to be 73 trades of 10%. This is a day trading site so in theory there are numerous 10% trading opportunities per day. However sustaining this type of progress with progressively more money is near impossible and in the end they gave up after a month and the winner had a 250% gain on his money. That is amazing for one month, but very short from his goal. Top Gun Trading suggested turning $250 into $250,000 in a five year period, or a 100,000% gain. Once again that is 73 trades of 10%. This will be slightly easier because of the fact they have less capital and they are less pressured to make less successful trades. This just started in the last week or so, so there is no way to tell where it will go.

And now for my challenge....drum roll....
My plan is to turn $2,000 into $1 Billion, in 40 years. There are no rules. I can invest in stocks, mutual funds, hedge funds, real-estate, companies, forex, options. ANYTHING. The basic math will include making 40% a year compounded for 40 years. This math does not include taxes, commission, lawsuits (you never know its a long time), or any other additional costs for that matter. I figured this out by 2000*1.40^40=1400075393. I will have an extra $400 million in there so hopefully that will take care of some taxes and other expenses.

I'm putting $2,000 in my account sometime this week. I do not know when it will settle, but i will track my trades on this blog.

GO!

1 comment:

OWLLARK said...

I say go for it. I'm kinda on the same quest, only I'm starting with just $300 and I'm using a specific investment vehicle until my account grows large enough for me to consider other investment vehicles. I have a wealthy friend who told me that I could do it with less than $300 if i just follow the principles he gave me. I will check with you regularly to see how things are progressing for you. Best of luck to you!